Since March 2020, we have been producing and sharing reflections to help everyone spiritualy during difficult times. Saint Jude is the Patron saint of Hope. May these reflections provide hope in difficult times...
Please click on below images for reflections on particular themes:
You may also find the following resources helpful in the coming weeks:
- The Prayer of the Church (the Divine Office) links us across parishes, dioceses, the country, and indeed the world in a union of worship.
- The prayerful reading of Scripture known as Lectio Divina brings us into contact with the living Word of God.
- Reading the prayers and scripture in the Missal for a given day, perhaps combined with the practice of making a spiritual communion.
- The use of specially devised prayers in time of sickness can be a great comfort (download in PDF format).
- The practice of various meditation techniques such as Centering Prayer, or the Practice of the Presence of God.
- Reading the spiritual classics of our tradition: Teresa of Avila, John of the Cross, Thérèse of Lisieux, and so on. Some of their writings can be found at: Christian Classics Ethereal Library; Thérèse Gateway.